Scope of Work
The scope of work shall be as follows:
- To mobilise a suitable marine spread at site for carrying out the operations.
- To provide requisite personnel and equipment for undertaking of oceanographic measurements.
- To deploy a wave rider buoy for a period of one year to measure the wave parameters at intervals of 3 hours. (WRB in the figure above)
- To measure wave by deploying an ADCP in an upward looking mode for a week, every month alternating between the south and north sides of the channel. (ADCPs 1 & 2) To measure the tide at one location for one year (ATG) and at two locations for a period of one week (Munambam and Thottapally).
- To measure currents using ADCP at 2 locations (offshore) for a period of one month in all the 3 seasons (ADCPs 1 & 2).
- Discharge measurements at 2 locations (C16, C17) for 14 days during 3 seasons in the backwater.
- Water quality to be measured at 9 locations in 3 seasons (C9 to C15 given in Figure 2).
- Bed sediments to be collected from 9 locations for 3 seasons (C9 to C15 given in Figure 2).
- LEO to be observed at 5 km intervals, in a 20 km stretch.
- Conduct bathymetry survey at Inner harbour, outer harbour, Munambam to thottapalli 30 locations, Munambam & Thottapalli mouth.
- Analysis and processing of the data and submission of periodic reports.
Additionally discharge measurements were carried out for 24 hours at each site for a period of 10 days and current measurements for a week near the discharge location were also carried out in this season.
ADCP deployed on a seabed frame (Current meter)
Rio Grande deployed from the boat (Discharge measurement)
WRB deployed at 21m water depth (for measuring wave data)
Conducted bathymetry survey at Inner harbour